While having a playful and active dog at home is one of the wonderful things to cherish, it is equally important to make sure that your dog is secure and safe. As an owner, you might want to give full freedom to your dog, but it comes with a price. The dog may wander into somewhere which could be dangerous. It could run on the street or into a swimming pool and can invite troubles.
That’s when a containment system comes into the picture. These systems help you in keeping your pet safe and secure while also giving the right level of freedom by building an invisible fence.
In this article, we will have a closer look at some of the amazing dog fences available with us – both wired and non-wired. Let’s get started.
Covering up to a ½ acre of area, this wireless fence pet containment system definitely deserves your attention. Regarded as one of the popular wireless pet fences, the product provides a range of up to 90 feet in all directions.
Equipped with an adjustable collar, this pet containment system is suitable for any dog with neck ranging from 6 to 28 inches. What’s more? It is very simple to install and setup the whole system, and the whole procedure takes less than two hours.
This wireless fencing system works on a simple mechanism. All you need to do is plug in the transmitter, and it will start emitting radio signals as per the range chosen by you. Next, fit the receiver collar around your pet’s neck and you are done.
- It is completely wireless. You don’t have to deal with any types of wires or stakes to install the system
- The product comes along with a waterproof receiver which provides a safety fence, irrespective of the weather
- The low battery indicator alerts you when it is the right time to replace the battery
- The receiver emits an audible warning tone when the pet arrives at the boundary zone edge
- It shuts off automatically after 30 seconds for five minutes when the pet leaves the boundary zone
- The portable nature of the collar enables one to take it to anywhere and set up the wireless fence
- The operating range is dependent on the terrain, topography and the likes
- The pet area cannot be changed into a rectangular or any other shape
- The surrounding objects also influence the efficiency of the system
This wireless fence is useful for all pets which are at least six months old, and know the basic commands like ‘stay’ and ‘sit’. The system issues a friendly warning tone every time the pet makes an attempt to cross the boundary. If they continue to do so, a safe and static correction is delivered to make them return to the safe area.
All in all, this dog wireless fence is all that you need to keep your dog safe while you are not around. Further, its pocket-friendly price tag and easy to use feature definitely make it worth a try!
If you have been looking for an adjustable range on a higher side, your search probably ends here.
This wireless fence comes with an adjustable range of up to 105 feet which is impressive. The system is built in such a way that by buying compatible collars, you can add any number of pets to its surveillance.
Further, the whole setup is easy to install and is perfect for outdoor uses as well. Going for RV camping or on a picnic? This wireless fence would surely come to your rescue.
What’s more? The product comes equipped with rechargeable collars and each collar lasts up to 3 weeks once charged fully.
- This is an easy-to-setup wireless fencing system
- It covers an appreciable area, 105 feet to be exact
- The product gives enough space for the dog to be by himself and play
- There are 5 levels of correction which could be used in different circumstances for different pets. Some pets may need a little bit stronger correction than the other before they realize the cause of the warnings
- It comes equipped with a rechargeable collar with an ergonomic design
- As with the other wireless fences, the efficiency of this unit is also dependent upon the terrain
- The pet safety area cannot be changed into any other shape than circular
If your pet is too playful and often lands himself in danger, this safety fence is for him. The product provides enough room, 105 feet to be precise, to your pets where they can play and be themselves, while also remaining safe and secure. However, make sure that your pet is at least 6 months old, and can follow the instructions easily.
With just under $300 price tag, this wireless fence system is one of the most popular ones. All you need to do is install the system and relax!
If wireless dog fencing systems do not go well with you, this wired fencing/containment system is all that you need.
The product comes with a 20-gauge boundary wire, 1000 feet in length and can cover up to 1 and 1/3 acres of land. How does it work? As with any other containment system, the collar receiver sends a correction to the pet when it just about to wander off outside the fence. This correction level could be set at any of the 4 levels depending on the temperament of your dog.
- This is easy to set up the system. Just reading the manual is enough to set it up
- The fence transmitter also includes a built-in lightning protector power surge
- With the addition of compatible collars, you can safely restrict an unlimited number of dogs within the safe area
- A low battery indicator alerts the owner to replace the batteries
- Since it is a wired containment system, it becomes very difficult to maintain if a wire gets broken
- There could be solid construction in the pathway for which you may not be able to set up the fence as you might have wanted
If you are looking for a fencing system which could provide safety to your dog over an extended area, this wired containment system is perhaps the best product for you!
This wired fencing system has a lot of benefits over the wireless ones. In addition to providing security over a large amount of area, the system also provides seamless security irrespective of the weather and terrain.
Need to protect your pet over a larger area? Well, this in-ground wired system has the ability to cover up to 5 acres of lands, all you would need are the additional wires and flags. With such a large coverage area, it certainly provides your dogs the freedom to roam around.
With the provision to make additional keep out areas, this wired containment system is a must-have if you own a dog. Further, the lightweight receiver collar fits a range of neck sizes between 6 and 26 inches and works fine for dogs over 8 lbs.
- It is more reliable than wireless ones
- It has a built-in protector for surges and spikes
- The collar is very lightweight, waterproof and works fine for dogs over 8lbs
- If the wire gets broken, the maintenance is a bit difficult
- If a boundary needs to be reconfigured, it is difficult with this system
This in-ground wired fencing system is good enough for houses and the similar areas. The product provides an appreciable coverage. Thus, if you want to keep your dog safe over an extended area, this product is the right choice for you.
At an affordable price tag, the product offers almost everything that other products of the higher range are providing. Setting up the system could be a bit troublesome, however, that is just a one-time hassle, and worth it.
This is one of the most popular wireless fencing systems and provides a coverage up to 105 feet. It can be set up even for multiple dogs and hence, you just need a compatible collar to secure more than one pet.
Since this is a wireless system, you no more need to boggle around with wires and the like. Further, this dog containment system even works fine for dogs which weigh 5 pounds and more.
- The whole system is easy to use and install as you don’t need to bury the wires underground
- Simply, plugin the transmitter, and tie the receiver collar around your dog’s neck and you are good to go
- The system provides adjustable levels of corrections.
- The terrain could hamper the flow of signal if the terrain is a hilly yard.
- Rectangular or other shapes can’t be put as boundaries.
- Medium ranged areas with multiple pets.
This is one of the bestselling wireless containment systems and provides value for every penny spent.
This is another amazing fencing option that we have on our list. This second-generation extreme dog fence covers up to the area of 25 acres. The pro-grade fence includes, 14-gauge heavy duty boundary wires, 16 gauge twisted wires, surge protector, digital transmitter and the like.
With a 10-year warranty on electronics and lifetime warranty on the fence wire, this product has been on the market for more than 25 years.
Talking about waterproofing and submergibility, the collar receiver of this system takes waterproofing to an all-new level and is expected to remain unaffected even when it is submerged up to 100 ft. deep! Thus, make your dog swim in water without worrying about the collar.
- The collar receiver is one of the smallest, light weight and offers amazing waterproofing
- This package comes with everything that you will need to set up the fence for 1 dog for 1 acre. Additional areas could be brought under by buying additional wires and equipment.
- Every component of the fencing is made in the USA
- It comes along with a 10 year warranty
- As with another wired containment system, in case of troubleshooting, if the wire is underground, it makes it very difficult to replace it.
- Other constructions could get in the way of setting up the boundary.
This fencing system is a perfect fit if you want to go with wired fencings. Rest assured, the brand is known for long-lasting fence system, and you are definitely in the safe hands!
With 25 years of experience in the market, this fence system does come with lots of features. With 10 years and a lifetime warranty on different components, this fence system certainly knows its potential.
These were some of the amazing dog wireless/invisible fences we have with us today. It is necessary that you invest in the right fencing system, whether wired or wireless, keeping your requirements in mind.